Sunday, October 17, 2010

Birthdays

Birthdays are always so much fun and these past couple weeks there have been quite a few birthdays of people close to me.
First off it was my daddy's birthday on the 3rd :) I'm sad I couldn't be there to help celebrate. Freshman year Holly and I were able to go home and surprise him for his birthday weekend which was super fun. I fell asleep early on his birthday but I got to talk to him for awhile the next day which is always good. I'm so lucky to have him as a dad, he is the best! I've been lucky enough to have been taught in and out of the home by him and let me tell you he is a great teacher. We are different in ways and the same in ways...I for sure did not inherit his sarcasm though...;) Happy Birthday and wishes to another great year for you daddy. I love you!


Then on the 6th is was Miss Collins' birthday. Hilary was my roommate over the summer and she is awesome times 10 plus a slice of raspberry chocolate cheesecake. I love her! We found out how much we have in common living together and had a lot of fun times together. She is an amazing girl. This birthday she turned 21 which is significant to her for reasons different than most. Hilary will be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Argentina! I'm so excited for her she is going to be an amazing sister missionary. Hilary got to come visit us here in Provo the day after her birthday so we got to see her it was awesome! I love you Hil I hope your year being 21 is great (especially after Nov 17!)


Then on the 12th it was my cousin Breanne's birthday. Miss Breanne Pann is a Rose before marriage. I've grown up seeing her whenever we went to San Diego and a few times in between. I always looked forward to the times I got to spend with her. We always had some fun times catching up on Christmas Eve's. We have lots of great memories from La Jolla beach to the 'elevator' in our grandparents house that led to the carpeted garage. We got to spend these times together and with our other cousins and siblings. The two of us got to go to EFY together twice which were both great experiences where we got closer. Having a cousin so close in age was always a great thing. I love this girl so much. This was her 21st birthday and her first birthday as a married woman! It's crazy how old we are getting...Happy birthday Breanne.

Then on the 13th is was my cousin Brittany's birthday (known to a few of us special friends as Brookney). I love this girl like crazy. She is a firework of fun and excitement. We also share a lot of memeories from growing up, I remember cuddling her when she was scared in a thunderstorm, all nighters at Christmas and summer time, grabbing the butter or catchup before she could get her hands on it at family dinners, picture time at Christmas Eve (with Breanne), and so much more. Recently she has been able to come and visit me in Provo a couple times and it has been a blast. Brit and I have always been close but in the recent visits we have become so much closer and it has been so great. We basically can't go a day without talking to each other now. She is a beautiful, strong, compassionate, totally crazy awesome fun girl! Anytime she visits we know we are in for a good and crazy time! I can't wait for the next time. She makes me smile and I love her so much! Happy birthday Brookney and enjoy being 19 I love you!

Then on the 15th it was my roommate Katrina's birthday. Miss Katrina also turned 21. Katrina is the best roommate anyone could ask for. She and I have pretty different personalities but we are so crazy close. We call each other mirror twins cause we are. I love that girl. It took me awhile to get her to decided what she wanted to do for her birthday, but we finally decided and had a lot of fun. In the morning we both had some school stuff to take care of but then at lunch time, I took her to lunch at Cafe Rio. We both got the delicious pork salads. Then she relaxed for awhile and I made birthday cupcakes (chocolate peanut butter they were yummy) and dinner (pizza I made a mock CPK california club pizza, so good). We had a couple friends join us for dinner and then we went to Despicable Me in the dollar theater. I love that movie it's so good. Then we came back to our place for cupcakes. It was fun. Happy birthday Kat, love you girl :)

3 comments:

Katrina said...

thanks Karls! And thank you for everything you did to make it a great b-day! You are awesome : )

Hilary Collins said...

ah loved the shout out!!! I loved coming and playing with you while I was visiting, and yes living with you in the summer was awesome :-) I cant wait to use your lovely stationary to write you lots while I'm gone!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox

Hilly

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

And the 9th was Grant's dad's b-day and the 10th our bro-in-laws bday. Looks like you got to do some fun celebrating!