Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random Happenings at the Y

So I updated about my life in general here at BYU, but I thought I'd put up a little post about just random stuff that we do. Sometimes we have random little parties, the picture on the left is at a gansta dance party we had early on, it was fun. Bascially we do totally random stuff all the time. Lexi and I pretty much hang out all of the time, and we do a lot with the girls on the floor. We do some of the on campus activities, there were a lot in the begining of the semester obviously. Just random dances or parites or concert things put on by BYU organizations and stuff. They were fun. We don't get off campus a whole ton not having a car and all. But we do manage to get off sometimes walking or going w/ friends who do have cars. We've of course hit up the dollar theater, we saw WallE which was super cute just like everybody always says it is. The mall is of course a fun place to go to, well until 9 when it closes :p. But we did go engagement ring shopping one weekend which was incredibly fun, we founds some gorgeous rings too! We had an FHE activity there one night where we did a video scavenger hunt and one thing was to cross dress basically and get a pic...so that's me dressed up as a guy in Forever XXI, I could've fit like 5 of me in those clothes! But it was lots of fun. We like to go out to eat sometimes on the weekends to get some good food and to get off campus and have some fun. We've tried a few places and enjoyed all of them, unfortunately nothing will ever be as good as In n Out, but we make it with what we have here:) Sometimes we like to just have quiet weekend nights in the dorm and we just watch movies on out laptops which is always fun. The past like 2 or 3 Sundays I was reading Breaking Dawn cause I hadn't finished it before I came out here, I did finish it, one Sunday I just read for a long time and sped through the last like 150 or so pages. I love that book! I love all of them but ya now I'm making Lexi read it, we are going slow and we read a few pages as a bed time story!!! Like I said I get to hang out with and see Holly a lot more since we're out here together now so that's lots of fun. I got to her house to watch the Office most Thursdays, and sometimes go there for dinner on Sundays, and sometimes we do stuff together. We've done some different random things together and with her roommates, it's been fun. The picture is us at a bonfire pretending to be scared at...absolutley nothing haha. So ya I'm managing to have lots of fun out here at BYU. I do miss my friends from home a ton, and I miss all the good times with them but I'm having fun and just looking forward to seeing them and having fun with them on breaks:)








No comments: