Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shooting

So taking a little study break to blog bout my Monday per Taryn's request :)
So I had Monday off from school (so wonderful) and part of the holdiay I spent shooting things. Lexi and I went with a few guys from our ward and another girl over to the other side of Utah Lake and shot a bunch of random junk. We had a 22 rifle and a 9mm and a 40cal (i think). They were all way fun to shoot. The handguns had some kick but not enough to hurt any of us...even Lexi (although she did scream the first time...and second time she shot the 40cal). We shot a few rootbeer bottles and some old shotgun shells and at targets and we shot up a ridiculous little stuffed animal chicken that andrew had. We messed up the chicken pretty good, Andrew was very proud. Nobody got shot so that was a plus too! I had fun I've always wanted to go shooting so it was exciting and I felt so awesome holding an actual gun (never thought anyone would actually hand one to me!).
After sooting we went to FHE and did service painting a bunch of stuff for a lady who runs a daycare. So that was a good end to the day off.

3 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Awesome...good work :) I saw those painting pics on someone's facebook and was wondering where that was so thanks for the update on that too :)

Jacob said...

i love it! looks like a blast! you are gorgeous!
loves!
britt (davis)

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

Looks like you had a great experience. Not a common Davis thing to do. Glad you had fun.